Theatre Ancaster is a thriving community theatre company situated in the heart of the old village of Ancaster. Founded in 1997, Theatre Ancaster provides quality theatre productions as well as a diverse range of youth and adult programming to nurture a lifelong love of music and theatre. Whether onstage or offstage, we bring the experience of theatre to life through performance, production design, and community engagement!
Our performance season runs from September-August.
Our premier company performs Broadway musicals in November and April, a musical concert in September, and a play in July. Auditions are open to the public. Check out our past productions.
We offer a variety of year-round programming for youth starting at age 4 and running through high school. A registration fee is required for participation. The following programs culminate in a full stage production that is open to the public.
- Stage 2: Junior Broadway performs a “junior” version of a Broadway musical in January.
- Stage 2: GLEE is a pop-choir performing top-40 hits set to high-energy choreography
- Stage 3: Young Company performs a Broadway musical in February.
We also partner with the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board to present ArtSMART, a semester-long, secondary-school program with classes in musical theatre subjects, performing, and technical production work which culminates in the presentation of a Broadway musical!
We offer a variety of programming for adults aged 19 – 55+. A registration fee is required for participation. The following programs culminate in a full stage production that is open to the public.
- Theatre Ancaster Chorus performs in December and May.
- Classics Company: Musical performs a concert version of a Broadway show in February.
- Classics Company: Play performs an original show or “classic” play in February.
- Conservatory Company performs a Broadway musical in August.
Theatre Ancaster is a not-for-profit charitable organization operated by a Board of Directors and an exceptional team of volunteers. In addition to our annual programming, we perform a benefit every December in support of Ancaster Community Services, and are active members of the Ancaster Business Improvement Area, participating in the annual Heritage Days and Tree Lighting celebrations, as well as the Ancaster Farmer’s Market.
We are eternally grateful to our community, patrons, and sponsors for their continued support. It is an honour to be a part of Ancaster’s history, and we look forward to continuing to grow with all of you in our community.