Stage 3 The Young Company
The aim of the Young Company is to provide training in several aspects of musical theatre and an opportunity for high school students to prepare and present a full musical. The season will consist of a number of workshops as well as the preparation of the musical. The workshops will be led by Stage 3 staff and will be directed toward developing the skills and knowledge necessary to put on a musical production.
The Program will provide individual and group training in a number of areas:
- How to audition
- How to prepare and sell a song
- How to develop a role
- How to move on stage
- Dance and acting techniques
- Confidence building and working together as a team
- Practical experience working in as many areas of theatrical production as possible
Dates: September 9, 2013 - March 1st
Additional dates will be added as performance nears:
In February, add Fridays, 6-10pm, Saturdays 9 am-5 pm, Sundays 1pm-5pm
Tech week: February 17-20, 5 pm-11 pm
Time: Mondays, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
High School Rehearsal dates: In January, Monday and Wednesdays 7-10pm
Performance dates: February 21, 22, 23, 28 and March 1
- It is important to be on time, please come ready to begin at 7 pm.
If this means being a few minutes early,
please do so.
- More meeting times may be required closer to opening night and will be worked out with the company.
- Young Company members are expected to attend all sessions. Please speak with Sam if you must miss a
session or be late.
- Please wear clothing and shoes appropriate for rehearsal (comfortable and easy to move in).
Sam Frisk - Director/Producer
This will be Sam's fifth year heading up the Stage 3 program. He has been involved with Theatre Ancaster several years now in a variety of ways backstage. Sam is a graduate of Redeemer University College with a degree in Theatre and English, and is the founder of The Essential Players, a theatre company based in Hamilton. He also acts as Theatre Ancaster's liaison with Hill Park Secondary School as the director of their Art Smart program. He brings a great love for musical theatre along with a desire to help students learn and grow as they discover a similar love for theatrical performance.