Stage 2: GLEE is a new program to Theatre Ancaster this year, debuting in Theatre Ancaster’s new home: the Ancaster Memorial Arts Centre.
The program is a show choir program for our Stage 2 students (grades 5-8) to perform in a show choir in a show that goes on in May. The program focuses on teaching students about singing and dancing in group setting, and working together to create and unforgettable concert experience.
||Instructional Dates & Times
|Ancaster Memorial Arts Centre
357 Wilson St E
Saturdays, 9:00am – 12:00pm
(Staff work 8:30 – 12:30pm)
February 12, 2022 – May 22, 2022
|Additional evening and full day weekend rehearsals, closer to performances, TBD.
Parent Preview – May 18
Public Performances – May 20, 21, 22
Student Matinee–May 19
Program Director - Stage 2: GLEE (Ages 10-14) - Salary $3,505
- Prior experience leading a team in the performing arts
- Qualified to direct and coach children through show choir production to a performance
- Ability to lead, support, and guide a staff team in working with students
- Ability to work with teenagers to mount a full-scale show choir production
- Experience with children ages 10-14 in a formal setting
- Leadership skills with high enthusiasm, teamwork, and motivation are sought-after qualities
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent preferred
- Attend all rehearsals, meetings, dress rehearsals, and performances that are part of the process as well as overall Youth Programming training and community partnership events
- Prepare lessons and teach weekly at Stage 2
- Take leadership to ensure all production jobs are completed to the completion of the production
- Evaluate and work to support the staff team and the program to ensure a high quality of instruction for students
- Create and implement strategies for the program with the staff team
- Communicate with Director of Youth Programming to ensure success of the program
How to Apply
- Deadline for application is Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
- Please submit by email to Sam Frisk at email@example.com
- Please indicate in a cover letter which position(s) you are applying for. Please submit a PDF file with your resume and cover letter together in ONE file.
Qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
All job offers will require a valid Vulnerable Sector Police check before the program commences. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of valid CPR/First Aid training or attend a free CPR/First Aid training session, date TBD.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org