Theatre Ancaster Chorus
The Theatre Ancaster Chorus is an adult SATB choral group, which began in September 2013.
Designed for experienced adult singers, the group brings excitement in musical choices, a chance for people to sing and learn together, and
a new way to reach out to the community through music.
Led by Tammy Johnson and accompanied by Monica Admiral, the choristers enjoy singing a variety of music from Broadway, jazz and standards to pop, gospel and country. And, of course, seasonal
favourites at the December shows.
- Each season consists of two terms: September to December and January to May
- Rehearsals are held Wednesdays from 7:30 – 9:30 pm at the Ancaster Memorial School
- Cabaret performances will be held at the end of each term at the Old Firehall Arts Centre
- Performance dates are December 14 & 15, 2018 and May 24, 25 & 26, 2019. See the Playbill page for more information
- Fee for the season (two terms) is $150
- Singing experience in a choral group
- Ability to sight read
- Ablity to sing on pitch, harmonize, and blend with other voices
- Choristers will be required to know the music well enough to follow the director and perform, while referring to music only when necessary
- Memorization of some pieces will be required
- Make every effort to attend all rehearsals
- Practice between rehearsals
- Must be beyond high school age
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Tammy’s passion for music was ignited at the age of four when she began singing on stage with her father. By the age of sixteen, she had performed in many Musical Theatre productions with the Oshawa Choral Society, a touring children’s rock band and had earned her Grade Eight Piano and Grade Ten Vocal Certificates from the Royal Conservatory of Music. She explored various types of music and theatre through her high school years and continued on to graduate from the Humber College Vocal Jazz Performance Program.
In college, Tammy branched out to world music, folk and ethnic songs, and all along, there were festivals, and shows, and leading choirs and choruses. She also travelled to Europe for a summer with a U.S. choir singing in cathedrals from country to country.
Tammy has had a passion for teaching music to all ages since 1995, both privately and in a school setting. She has earned her Early Childhood Music Education Diploma through the Royal Conservatory.
Tammy has been lead in Theatre Ancaster’s South Pacific, the director of Country and Aida, and has been musical director for the Stage 3 teen program. She is excited to direct the Theatre Ancaster Chorus!